Sunday, May 13, 2007

Wild Western Journey

I heard you missed us, we're back!

Desert Sky

We've returned home safely from a two-week journey to the Wild West, visiting with friends, enjoying some incredible live music courtesy of free VIP tix to the Stagecoach festival, and sleeping under California stars in the beautiful high desert near Yucca Valley.
It was nice to see some old friends of the family, guys who have been around since before I was born and watched me grow up. We also spent time with some new friends, including the talented art director and album cover designer Tom Wilkes. I'll be working with Tom in the coming weeks on promoting his artwork and merchandise in the timeliness of the Monterey Pop Festival's 40th anniversary in June.
The Stagecoach festival was incredibly fun, and the musical talent present was indescribable. I've never considered myself a fan of country music, but I was blessed to see some amazing performances by a large number of legendary songwriters like Willie Nelson, Emmylou Harris, Kris Kristofferson, Chris Hillman and Richie Furay, and my current all-time faves, Old 97s.
The weather was warm, dry and beautiful for the whole of our trip, save for some mighty wind and a dust storm on our first couple days there. Besides Stagecoach, we spent some time in Palm Springs, Riverside, Pioneertown and Joshua Tree. The morning before we left to return home was spent soaking in the mineral hot springs under the shady palms at Desert Hot Springs.
Lots of pictures can be seen here. Be sure to look at the Stagecoach photos, my favorite is the closeup of Emmylou Harris as she signs my CD cover (designed by the aforementioned Tom Wilkes).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home